I have four essays due tomorrow, could anyone give me a hand with them?
4. Enzymes are biological catalysts.
1. Relate the chemical structure of an enzyme to its specificity and catalytic activity.
2. Design a quantitative experiment to investigate the influence of pH or temperature on the activity of an enzyme.
3. Describe what information concerning the structure of an enzyme could be inferred from your experiments.
9. Cells transport substances across their membranes. Choose THREE of the following four types of cellular transport.
o Active Transport
o Facilitated Diffusion
For each of the three transport types you choose,
1. Describe the transport process and explain how the organization of cell membranes functions in the movement of specific molecules across membranes; and
2. Explain the significance of each type of transport to a specific cell (you may use difference cell types as examples.)
10. Describe the similarities and differences between the biochemical pathways of aerobic respiration and photosynthesis in eukaryotic cells. Include in your discussion the major reactions, the end products, and energy transfers.
15. Energy transfer occurs in all cellular activities. For 3 of the following 5 processes involving energy transfer, explain how each functions in the cell and give an example. Explain how ATP is involved in each example you choose.
# cellular movement
# active transport
# synthesis of molecules