AP Notes, Outlines, Study Guides, Vocabulary, Practice Exams and more!

American culture change in the 1920s essay help!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
takiyana's picture
American culture change in the 1920s essay help!

We have to write an advertisement essay in my APUSH class explaining:
"How and why does American culture and society change during the 1920s?"

Sounds easy, BUT we have to compare and contrast 2 advertisements (one from the 1920s and one from the years before then) for our evidence in the essay to answer the question.

Do you guys have any advertisements that would be great for this essay, or things to remember about the decade while writing it?

Thanks so much!

ambo_carroll's picture

remember about yellow journalism! authors began writing about more social wrongs(sex scandals) darwinism also changed the culture and society!

neeeiiilll's picture

Alot of things happened during the 'Roaring Twenties';
-Suffrage
-Lost Generation
-Social criticism
-Art Deco
-Expressionism and Surrealism
-Cinema
-Harlem Renaissance
-Jazz Age
-Dance
-Fashion
-The changing role of women
-Minorities and homosexuals
-Immigration laws
-Prohibition
-Rise of the speakeasy
-Literature
-Solo flight across the Atlantic
-Sports

I bolded the things that you would most likely find ads for, feel free to let me know if you want me to find specific ones, my school has access to an online database, and I wouldn't mind snatching something for you. :] Good Luck !

takiyana's picture

Hi! I was wondering if you could find those specific ones if it isnt a problem..thanks!

Need Help?

We hope your visit has been a productive one. If you're having any problems, or would like to give some feedback, we'd love to hear from you.

For general help, questions, and suggestions, try our dedicated support forums.

If you need to contact the Course-Notes.Org web experience team, please use our contact form.

Need Notes?

While we strive to provide the most comprehensive notes for as many high school textbooks as possible, there are certainly going to be some that we miss. Drop us a note and let us know which textbooks you need. Be sure to include which edition of the textbook you are using! If we see enough demand, we'll do whatever we can to get those notes up on the site for you!