UGH BABY! This has been erking me majorly. We have this dumb essay test. Her there are 7 questions! Do you think you could give me an idea of where to begin or a place to start looking!! Thanks!!
1. What was the impact of the Transcontinental Rail System on the American economy and society in the late 19th century?
2. How did the huge industrial trust develop in industries such as steel and oil, and what was their effect on the economy?
3. What early efforts were made to control the new corporate industrial giants, and how effective were these efforts?
4. What was the effect of the new corporate industrial giants, and how did various labor organizations attempt to respond to the new conditions?
5. Compare the impact of the new industrialization on the North and the South. Why was the "New South" more of a slogan than a reality?
6. William Graham Sumner said that the wealth and luxury enjoyed by millionaires was justifiable as a "good bargain for society". Based on the industrialist role in the late 1800's, support or criticize Sumner's assertion.
7. How did the industrial transformation after the Civil War compare with the earlier phase of American economic development? (Chptr. 15) Why were the economic developments of 1865-1900 often seen as a threat to American democracy, where as those of 1815-1860 were not?
Please and Thanks! (Especially w/ question #7) But Thanks!