AP US History
Colonial Regions Poster
You are going to create a poster with both text and images which best express the characteristics of the colonial region of your choice. Your colonial regions poster will be dedicated to expressing information which elaborates on life and people in the region up to 1763. Choose one of the colonial regions: New England, Middle or Southern (Chesapeake). Your poster will focus on the colonies within the region. Your poster will be 12x18.
1. Each poster will have a map of the region which also shows the colonies which are part of the particular region. The map may be whatever size you choose and may be as elaborate as you want. The minimum requirements for the map are:
• That the map show the rough boundaries of the region and the rough boundaries of each colony located in the region.
• That the region and each colony within the region is labeled.
2. You need to decide on symbols for the region and place the symbols on the poster. There are many ways in which to place symbolic representations on a poster, so choose the placement that best communicates what the region would be noted for.
3. You must include a quote from a prominent resident of the region. The quote must include the resident’s name and date of the quote. The time frame of the quote must be from the founding of the colony through 1763. The quote should hi-light the uniqueness, foundation, religious, political ideals, etc. of the region.
4. You need to present the following information, in some visual expression, in words or a combination of both. All images must be labeled. The information you need to present is:
a. When were the colonies in the region founded? What was the type of charter in the colony?
b. What nationalities or ethnicities settled in the region?
c. What was the proportion of women to men?
d. What was the predominate age of the region? (teens-20’s, 30’s-40’s, etc.)
e. What was the religious affiliation of a majority of people living in each colony and the region as a whole? If it is split between several groups, say so and name them.
f. How much democracy and religious freedom existed in the region? Include specific examples to support your statement(s) regarding democracy and religious freedom.
g. What type of government did each colony in the region have (explain)?
h. What are the primary economic activities and products of each colony and the region?
i. What are the most prominent geographic features of the region? Consider climate as well as topography.
j. What is the relationship between the Native Americans with colonists in the region?
5. On a separate piece of paper, type four questions (2 Level 2 Questions and 2 Level 3 Questions). Questions must show depth of understanding and relevance. Each question must also be answered.
6. A works cited page must be included documenting all researched information. MLA format must be used.
So im doing middle region, can anyone answer any questions on part 4 please if you know it and any information that you can provide like link to information would be helpful. thanks!